February 4, 2014 | Alex
Good news, bad news. The bad news first: remember when I reported that Ikea's new Brakig Collection was a show-stopper? Well, it turns out the collection won't be made available in North America. My bad! Seriously, I'm sorry about the journalistic oversight.
The good news is, there's plenty else to be excited about at Ikea, including with the Trendig Collection that just hit Red Hook. While the white oak round and rectangular dining tables are my personal picks from the new collection, the Trendig bar cart is generating a lot of chatter in the blogosphere:
To make up for any dashed hopes on the Brakig Collection, I scoured Ikea for my favorite new (and new-ish) items. Clearly, I'm gravitating heavily towards white and light tone wood-- but it is, after all, what Ikea does best. I think the secret to satisfaction at Ikea is to embrace their strengths and skip products that are trying to hard to obscure their roots.
- VALKLAND Candlestick (4-pack) - $9.99
- RAGRUND Mirror - $59.99
- FJALKINGE Shelving Unit - $130*
- TRENDIG 2014 Dining Table - $249
- FJALLBERGET Conference Chair - $199
- TRENDIG 2014 Occasional Table - $99
* Margot just installed one adjacent to her kitchen, to accommodate spillover cookbooks and cookware. It looks amazing!
PS I sort of love this fish pillow-- am I crazy?