January 7, 2014 | Alex
My design partner and I have pretty different aesthetics. (It's our differences, I think, that make my mom and I such a good team.) But we do share one fixation: pairing blue and white.
For my slightly more traditional mother, that can mean displaying porcelain plates from Denmark, or a nautically-inspired room that takes cues from Ralph Lauren. For me, the latest manifestation of my blue-on-white obsession is ombre. But not just any ombre. A deep, inky, dark ombre that creeps into bright white.
Here are a few favorites from the marketplace:
- Le Feu De L'Eau (Black Currant), via Upstairs at Pierre Lafond - $60
- Paintbox Cushion, via Bluebellgrey UK - £70.00
- Ombre Fleet Readers (Dark Blue), via Anthropologie - $38
- V-Room Face Towel, via Lost and Found Shop - $198
- Fade Pouf (Navy), via Fab.com - $69
I hope all you mid-west and east coasters are keeping warm. This Polar Vortex is serious business!