February 24, 2013 | Alex
Yikes. The truth is I didn't have a post prepared for today. Bad Alex! Instead of skipping today and hoping no one notices (a strategy that crossed my mind...), I thought I'd share a few instagram shots of what's been keeping me so busy lately.
Back in January, I enrolled in a 24-session continuing education class at Parsons called Interior Design Basic Core. We meet for three hours, two nights a week. It's taught by two architects and is essentially a crash course in architectural modes of communication-- floorplan, axonometric, perspective, collage, diagram, etc.
Here are a few of the assignments I've completed so far, plus a gratuitous shot of coffee (the fuel that keeps me powering through late night homework sessions) and a lovely valentine's day bouquet that is still going strong 10 days later!
(I so wish I could share some photos of my classmates' work, but I don't want to put them up on the interwebs without their express permission. You would be blown away by some of these collages. Suffice it to say, I am not the class prodigy.)
Clockwise from top left:
- Week 1: Orthographic Drawing. A floor plan of my bedroom + bathroom in 1/2" scale and my bathroom in elevation.
- Week 2: Axonometric Drawing. An axonometric collage of my bedroom and bathroom in 1/2" scale.
- Week 3: Perspective. A collage of Tadao Ando's Modern Art Museum of Fort Forth, identifying the vanishing points and focusing on our own interpretation of material selection.
- Weekend Diversions. My morning coffee from Bien Cuit and a floral bouquet by Flora, courtesy of my very thoughtful boyfriend.
- Week 3: Perspective. A collage of Peter Zumthor's Therme Vals, identifying the vanishing points and focusing on our own interpretation of color and light.
- My homework taking over our dining table. Sorry, Linzee!