January 11, 2013 | Alex
I know I resolved to make 2013 a more colorful year, but resolutions were made to be broken-- right? Or at least suspended. Something about this neutral bedroom in Ibiza, Spain is calling to me. I suppose that living in a chaotic city, the idea of taking refuse in a restful palette of taupe and charcoal is appealing.
Lots of good ideas here too:
- A pair of swing-arm floor lamps flanking the bed, rather than the traditional wall sconce;
- pairing the steel side table with the lower wood stool for multi-level bedside surfaces; and
- hanging medium-scale art off-center over the bed.
So for today, a calm oasis of neutrals. And tomorrow, back to color!
- Vice-Versa Throw, Taupe, Calypso Home - $350
- Animal Locomotion (Plate 626), Galloping Horse by Eadweard Muybridge, 20x200
- Duken Bedframe, Ikea - $199
- P4304 Pharmacy Floor Lamp by George Kovacs, Lumens - $322.50
- Slim Round End Table, Natural Steel, Room & Board - $169-$199
- Mango Wood Light Teak Oil Pouf Stool, Overstock.com - $265 (Shown: Mango Wood Pouf Stool, Rotsen Furniture via Pure Home.)
- Patina Rug, Dark Gray, BoConcept - $689-$957
- Set of Decorative Pillow Covers, Mertakkul via Etsy - $45