December 13, 2013 | Alex
Every December, Pantone announces the "Color of the Year" for the upcoming calendar year. The Color of the Year for 2013 is...drum roll, please...Emerald (17-5641)!
I tend to associate emerald green with more traditional interiors-- I picture thick velvet drapes or malachite objet d'art. But after some light internet browsing, I'm satisfied that the official color of 2013 can be worked into a modern home.
Here are a few examples of interiors with a punch of emerald that still feel contemporary:
If you're looking to add some emerald to your home, try one of these! (But not the Koen Lybaert painting, please-- I've asked Santa to earmark it for me. Or maybe Saatchi Online would consider a promotional exchange where I wear it like a sandwich board for a week with saatchionline.com stamped on my forehead?):
- Painting "abstract N° 393" by Koen Lybaert; Oil, 2012, via Saatchi Online - $850
- Kaleidoscope Pillow - blue/green, ABC Home - $54
- Spring Green Ice Box, Jonathan Adler - $195
- Tube Top Colors Lamp by Pablo - Bright Green, via Lumens - $120
- Totem Rug, CB2 - $249 (on sale)
- Mohair Blanket - Green, Hijos de Cecilio Valganon, via Bergdorf Goodman - $350 ea.